Being 38 weeks pregnant with my second child, I wanted to share some of my favorite workout items that have helped me stay active throughout this pregnancy.
Today I wanted to share some of my pregnancy favorites when it comes to working out. These are my must haves – so if you or someone you know is expecting (feel free to share this with them or tag them below), here are my personal recommendations that have helped keep me active and comfortable throughout my pregnancy.
1. Victoria’s Secret Yoga Pants: I actually bought these postpartum after having my son because the wide waistband was c-section friendly for me but they have been able to grow with me this pregnancy and are way cheaper than buying special maternity workout pants. They are super soft and if you don’t fold over the top it also has a nice tummy smoothing effect.
2. Lucy Crossback Tanks: When I got my group fitness instructor certification I was given these tanks as a gift which was pre-pregnancy but they are super supportive for growing bust and growing baby bump. I have been able to wear them my entire pregnancy so far (32 weeks) and there is still room to grow and they aren’t stretching out. Plus they come in lots of fun patterns and colors!
3. Sea-Band Mama Ginger Lozenges: I had terrible morning sickness this time around and was teaching some 5am classes. The only way I was able to survive being out in public when my morning sickness was going on was by using these before and after working out!
4. Boo Boo Buddy: This actually was a gift from my mother in law for my son but I’ve been using it after working out on my swollen tailbone and back (I hold it in place using #5!).
5. Bao Bei Maternity Belly Sport Bra: I know I’ve mentioned this one before but it has been a lifesaver this pregnancy. I have had no pelvic issues (which I had since about 14 weeks my first pregnancy) and I love that it’s really comfy, supportive, and doesn’t stick out under my workout clothes like other support bands.
6. Resistance Bands: Strength training is so important during pregnancy because we mommas need those muscles to haul our precious cargo around safely for the months following delivery. I love that I can get a good workout and the convenience of these lightweight bands. They are perfect for an allover workout.
7. Beachbody Performance Line’s Hydrate: I love that this gives me the extra electrolytes I need while I workout but isn’t chocked full of sugar like Gatorade or other sports drinks. It has a really subtle lemon-lime taste and magnesium and potassium to help avoid the fun swelling that comes as you get further along.
Fellow mommas out there – did you have any favorite fitness go-tos that helped you keep active while you were pregnant? Share them below in the comments!